July 29, 2008

Week Four



I apologize for the delay. We were very lucky as to have a Hotel without internet access. Also, this blog will be very long, five days of non stop excitement.

So the Comic Con is my annual vacation, usually I go there to check some stuff out. I just really enjoy being there, I feel at home if that makes sense. I feel like the people that are there are very fun and friendly. This year was a little bit different because it is week four of my quest to pick up chicks and document the entire thing. Without further adieu week four…

The Con is a long experience five days of walking, pushing through massive crowds, talking to people, waiting in line, going to panels and trying to get laid. It’s a very daunting task and only should be attempted by those with their hearts into it. As with the Con reading this week will take the same dedication.

Wednesday July 23, 2008

Not too much during this day. We basically traveled to the Con, checked in to the hotel room and went to preview night. Preview night was just a chance for people that had four day passes to get there early, take a walk around check out the booths. For me I like walking around and getting all of my shopping out of the way, that did not happen.

We originally planned on getting there around 5 picking up our badges and having at it. We show up a little bit late but it was really not a big problem. Slight issues with the hotel room, I guess that was to be expected since I was not the one that made the arrangements. We end up getting to the Con at 7:30 and the first thing you have to do is wait in a really fucking long line to pick up your pass for the week. As we are getting ready to get into the line I am checking out the talent and I noticed a chick standing by herself lighting up a cigarette. I tell Justin to have at it and use the lighter trick.

Side note:

The cigarette trick is not really a trick at all what so ever. But for Justin who constantly bums smokes from people it is perfect for him. So the trick works like this you bum either a light or a smoke but never both because then you are a piece of shit face fucker and you have no chance.

Justin, then walks up to her. I could tell even from a distance that she was not the most attractive chick in the world. Which brings me to one of the biggest points of the Comic Con. You have to lower your standards. Do not go there thinking you are going to pull a hot chick. In actuality you are going to maybe pull a real world 6 but she would be a Comic Con 10. In my opinion this chick Heather is her name was a Comic Con 6, so you do the math. So Justin does the job and gets her to wait in line with us, we talk a little bit and we work on our strategy which was to play off of each other. You know make us sound a lot cooler then what we really are. Or in the case of Justin he doesn’t know that he is not cool, no he is one of those guys that just walks around not thinking anything other then he is great.

We finally make our way into the Con. We say good bye to Heather for the time being, she exchanges numbers with Justin. I wanted nothing to do with her at all. The thought of her horse teeth surrounded by adult braces sent shivers down my spine. The rest of the night we spend trying to walk around and checking out the booths, we were not really able to meet too many girls that night. To be honest, it will be very hard to meet people on the main floor, it’s to big and to crowded to really get a conversation going.

The night ends and Justin is devising his plan to put it in Heather. While I am just thinking. It was hard for me because ever year that we go we always say we are going to pull chicks and we never do, in fact I never even tried. I was having some second thoughts about the whole thing, would just concentrating on pulling chicks distract me from having a good time during my stay?

For the rest of the night at the Hotel we talk about our game plans, that we are going to fuck a chick at the Comic Con, that anything less would not be tolerated. It was like we were going to war and the targets lay under a costume somewhere. We are going to talk to every girl, get their numbers, offer them beer, cigarettes, food, tell them we can drive, whatever it was going to take we were going to do. We were going to work as a team attacking each one until we get what we want. A few beers later I fall asleep.

Thursday July 24, 2008

The first real day of Comic Con. Days start at 7:30 AM and end past 2:00. I was ready but I did not know what to expect. We do not drive from the hotel, we take the trolley because it is cheaper and will give us a good way to start conversations with girls. We get on and there is a beautiful goth chick standing right next to me. Justin is off a few feet away he was basically close enough to hear and not contribute to the conversation. Between goth girl and myself is one totally stereotyped Comic Con nerd. He must have been 7 feet tall, jean shorts, faded t-shirt, backpack, Hawaiian Punch and a stack of books he was holding. Comic Nerd starts talking to goth girl. I thought that I had missed my chance until I noticed that while he was talking to her she was looking at me. I almost thought she was looking at me wanting me to save her from this guy. So I wait until he stops talking and ask her a simple question, “what are you listening too?” she responds the band is not important. What was important was that she could not stop talking to me. Seeing that he was on the fringe of losing what he never had a chance to have Comic Nerd chimes in when she reveals that she is going to start college in the Fall at UC Davis. Comic Nerd starts to talk about how he goes to school in Humbolt and the true definition of Northern California, I then decide to make him feel stupid. I tell him that he definition of Northern California is wrong he tries to prove me wrong by telling us all that he is a Geography major. My response simple and short “congratulations.” Then another chick starts to tell him that he is wrong, as goth girl starts to talk to me. I was feeling the vibe Comic Nerd seeing this had the longest saddest face I have ever seen, it was like he just saw his mom get rapped then shot. I pulled the number but she then reveled that she was not 18 yet and it would be a few weeks. The number was deleted shortly after. But it was cool, I got over a major hump, I talked to a girl and got a phone number she was also interested in what we were talking about. My confidence was very high.

We get to the Con Justin has to do some stuff for work so I just poke around. I am waiting in line for some movie swag. During my wait in line I have three girls in front of me and we start talking. Two of them were just starting college, one is going to school in San Francisco and she wanted me to show her around. I was not to into it because of the age but I offered her my Myspace profile. Her friend I was going to school in Santa Barbara but she was way into me. But again due to their age I felt wrong so I did not press any issues. The third chick was a different story. She is 22 and goes to school in San Diego, we really clicked and hung out for about an hour just talking. We decide to hang out that night at the world premier of Lost Boys 2. I was feeling extremely confident about the whole thing, we just talked and we found that we had a lot in common. She was there looking over her younger cousins, we exchange phone numbers and make plans, then we say goodbye.

I high tail it to the outside area for a quick smoke before a panel. I was trying to use the lighter trick but there were no girls smoking so I just light up. While I was making the rounds I saw a girl sitting by herself. I pass her by at first then go back, she was gone. I was feeling a little bit down about not making the best of the first passing but oh well I am learning a lesson. After my smoke I go to the Red Sonya panel. It was a little packed and I sit down, not happy with my seat I look around and I see the girl that I passed by so I get up and I sit next to her.

This was great, best thing I could hope for. She lives in San Francisco and we really clicked. Talked to her for a little while and she asks me if I want to hang out with her. Not that I was not going to ask for her number but even better that she beat me to it. We exchange numbers hug and say good bye.

The night ended with us going back to the hotel drinking a beer and Justin amazed that I was able to get so many numbers and make contacts. He is urging me to do even more the following day. I will admit I felt too good, like I had done my work for the weekend. That was the wrong way to look at things but I became complaisant. Justin wanted me to do all the work for him.

Friday July 25, 2008

I wake up extremely motivated and feeling great, Thursday was the first day that I have ever was able to freely talk to girls and get phone numbers. I am 29 years old and that was the first time I had done that. Something must be wrong with that?

Friday, was not the best day for picking up girls. I was able to talk to a few, nothing really came of it. My efforts were hindered by the fact that there were a lot of panels that I wanted to check out. Which got me thinking about the statement I had earlier. What do I do? Do I only try to pick up chicks or do I mix it up and maximize my time? I decided to not force anything, thinking about how I was successful the day before, I didn’t force anything, I didn’t go to any place to pick up a girl I was just where I wanted to be and it worked out for me. With that I went to the Watchmen panel, it looks amazing but during the panel I got several calls from work and from the Sales Rep. so after the panel was done I go outside to see what is going on.

Now part of this was my fault for calling them back but when I get that many calls I figure that something big is happening. What I was not expecting was a situation that basically pissed me off for the next six hours. I will make a really long story short, the Rep was trying to get into the safe because there was a check for a customer there. The Rep got the credit for this account I got, so he wanted to give them their check so he could look like a hero. He was putting pressure on the people at work who did not know anything sat around pouting saying he wasting his time. So yeah I was really annoyed and pissed, I talked with my second in command and there was a plan in place, the Rep decided to fuck everything up. In the process I let it get to me and it really killed my day until I got a phone call.

The girl from San Francisco I met called me in the afternoon and she wanted to hang out that night. Before I call her back I am with Justin and I told him that I needed him to calm me down because the work stuff was really bothering me.

While we were walking outside we see a girl sitting by herself smoking. We look at each other and we knew what to do. We get to use the lighter trick, but before we walk up to her I tell Justin he will have to do the talking, I was not really ready to talk to anyone yet. So we sit next to her bum a light Justin says nothing, I look at her and she starts talking to me but I am being very laconic. It didn’t matter to her, she just kept trying to get information out of me. It was clear to me that she did like me and she wanted me to make the next move. Justin tries to keep the conversation going between them but she talks mostly to me. I convince her to dress up as Poison Ivy and just as Justin observed she was going to give me her phone number her friends met up with her. The number thing would not have been a big deal but she was there with her ex that she told me she wanted to get rid of and she saw us as the perfect way. But it was a thing with her friends that when they came she lost her nerve. She looked at me as she was walking away for the next 100 feet.

We finish up at the Con around 9 ish while my phone is blowing up. SF really wanted to hang out with me badly, many missed calls and texts wanting to know when I would be by. I call her and make the plans. To the hotel we go, change really quick and I bring Justin with me. We do a little bar hoping and she wants to know if we want to go back to the place she is staying. I ask if her brother was back, she said no, let’s go.

Side note:

Before we meet up with SF, Justin was asking me if I would be pissed if he had sex with her. But you may be asking yourself this one question, how does Justin know what she looks like when I talked to her alone? Simple I saw her walking around while I was with Justin on Thursday, Justin was impressed. So Justin was looking for an in to possibly make some magic happen. I told him aside from her pulling down his pants unsolicited I would be pissed.

So we end up back at her place, it was nice, her cousin was out of town and let them stay at his house. We buy more beer, I sip she fucking downs that shit. I am thinking damn I can never go out with this girl she is way to expensive. But she is way cool we have a lot in common. For me I didn’t care if I put it in that night, I was thinking much more practical like she could be a person I can hang out with. But I am attracted to her a lot of unanswered questions.

We are now getting cozy on the couch just chillin, she is leaning on me and physical contact is always a good sign. And just as things are building up a little bit, brother and friend walk in. The boner I was rocking was gone and we all start talking. While I am talking to the brother and friend Justin gets her to go outside for a smoke alone. I was a little disappointed by that, I was probably over reacting but I felt at the time that Justin was making his move. When they got done she sits down Justin sits right next to her. She then moves next to me. bottom line is we were there until 4, nothing happened, just hanging out. Justin thinks I am in, we will see. We are supposed to go out this weekend.

Saturday July 26, 2008

We wake up really fucking late and miss everything that we wanted to see. Saturdays are the busiest day. It is the apex of people it’s very hard to move around and get anything done. Usually we spend time panel hoping. I find it is the best use of my time. Also, Saturday is all about one event the Masquerade Ball.

So we get in, and find the one last table available. Two brothers from Texas, one older lady, this one confused girl that looked like she was on coke and a short Jewish kid from LA. We basically just all start talking and lucky for everyone at the table, I have a backpack full of beer. This was by far and away the single most fun I have ever had at the Con. We all just clicked and gelled. The brothers are now the Maniac Brothers I was like the Godfather Justin was just there drinking and laughing but the star of the night was the Jewish kid, his name “The Legend.”

We get him really drunk, he has the biggest set of balls I have ever seen. He is 19 and looking for schools to transfer to. Justin is putting the moves on Heather, Legend gets his chair and puts it right in between the two and starts hitting on this chick. We all looked in amazement. He is going around to every girls asking them if he can buy them a drink. He spots these two older women and starts hitting on them. Justin give him the magic wrist band that allows him to buy drinks so it was his license to kill for the night. The Ball ends and the music starts, now the real fun begins.

So the maniac brothers are looking at me and I simply spot two chicks and push them into them, they start dancing. As people are walking by I am just getting groups of girls and getting them to the dance floor. I find the nerdiest guys that are just looking at this and I can see that they want to dance so badly so I get them in there and I hook them up with girls. The Legend did not need any help, he was a fucking master. He would just go from girl to girl, dancing buying drinks he was a master pimp. The Maniac brother “The Butcher,“ he was flying doing one rave move with a glow stick for two hours. His brother “Silent Death,” started slow but I showed him how to freak a girl, he did that all night. I always like to dance, so I was dancing and making out with many different girls the whole night. Justin finally got heather to dance and he was making out with her.

Bottom line it was really awesome. The dance turned out to be amazing, we started a Congo Line, danced and drank. From a distance I could see this big Nerd mating ritual happening in front of my eyes. It was cool to think for one night I was the best dancer in the whole place. They all thanked me for making that one of the best nights of their lives. I exchange email addresses with them because they want to come back next year and have a good time. Justin gets Heather to go back to our room, but she does not want to stay, I think she might be a virgin. Justin does make out with her for a little while, he was close to pulling a Comic Con 6.

Sunday July 27, 2008

The final day of the Con. The worst day for so many reasons, going to bed at 4 or 5 every morning and waking up at 7:30 was catching up with us. Plus Sunday is usually the day I walk the floor and go clothes shopping for the year. I was tired I really didn’t meet a lot of people that day which was fine. I met up with Legend and the Maniac Brothers, they thanked me again for making their weekend.

Monday July 28, 2008

I am back home, I feel great. I am going to destroy that Sales Rep that fucking ruined my entire day on Friday first thing when I get back. Also, being that I am now confident, I met a chick at a bar took her home and had sex! Yes that’s right I had sex! It was really bad sex and was only good for getting my rocks off, but the penis entered the vagina. I do not plan on ever having sex with her again.

Even though I had sex I woke up this morning not feeling satisfied. Like it was just empty and meaningless, which it was. So now I am thinking that it is not all about sex, that I need something more.

For the first time in my life I feel that I know exactly what I want and how to get it in terms of relationships and friendships. I feel that I can meet people to meet people, put no expectations on any situation. Take it as it comes and how to be myself and make myself interesting. I am no longer cryptic when I describe myself, I feel like smiling a lot more. Looking back at the Con pictures I am smiling and having a great time in all of them and I can be that person all of them time because I am that person.


2 comments: