July 6, 2008

Week One

On the flight home all I could do was think through the game plan. Where was I going to go and what was I going to say. I probably put a little too much pressure on myself, but I work best that way.

So I come home fully motivated with everything thought through. I am taking this not as a way to meet people but for me to make a few other changes. I decided that before I do anything I would have to clean and reorganize my space. So I spent a lot of time cleaning making my rooms look neat and tidy. I now feel a lot more comfortable which I feel is a huge key to my success. With that behind me I went scouting on Wednesday night to find local watering holes that I can easily get too. I am lucky in the sense that I have many bars within walking distance. I found two that are my speed. One is a Jazz club/bar with live music. Very mellow and not very crowded a perfect place for me to feel comfortable and make things happen. The second is more of a loud rock bar that has all the finest qualities of a dive. I have been in here a few times before, it is the closest to my house and the one I like the most.

I go into both this past week, nothing. The happy hours were not as booming as I had visioned in my mind. It could have been because of the 4th of July holiday, people might have skipped town for the week or might not have wanted to spend money at a bar. I will keep this up this week though. I will go to the jazz club on Wednesday and the dive on Thursday. Friday and Saturday will be my wild card nights. Either go out to eat or a movie, then follow up late night.

Also, this week Josh and his girlfriend came into town. So Friday and Saturday were spent at the Dodger game. Two things, Josh confirmed the amount of talent this city has. Which begged the question what is more surprising the amount of talent or the fact I have not been able to capitalize on any of it. The answer was simple and obvious, the fact I am 0 for San Francisco is not sitting well with anyone. On a positive note, they were both happy with the cleanliness of my flat.

So all in all week one was not as productive in terms of quantifiable success. However, I had a chance to try out the plan, I feel that it is going to work out for me and hopefully the stories will actually get interesting as the weeks go by.

No comments:

Post a Comment