July 20, 2008

Week Three

Somewhat eventful week for myself. I decided to change things up a little bit this week by going out on a date. This was a chick that I met from match. I showed my room mate who was checking me out and it was funny because she thought the girl that I was going to go out with was very cute. So this put me at ease, because one of the most stressful things about online dating is that first face to face encounter, you never know after a build up if that other person is going to be what you thought they were. At the end of the day people can lie, they can use a ten year old picture you just never know. But after all of that we still decide to go out on Tuesday.

I am slightly nervous, I don’t really have any expectations but still you get a little ahead of yourself. She seemed really positive over the phone which came off as strangely attractive to me for some reason. Usually I like girls that are quiet and hate everything, just like me, but she was different I actually liked her attitude. So we decide we are going to see Wall-E, which I didn’t mind because I usually like Pixar movies and that we were not going to ask each other a lot of questions because we were both afraid that we would not have a whole lot to talk about when we met face to face.

So I stay late after work to time the whole thing on Tuesday, I make sure I have everything done in case I need to show up a little bit late the next day I get to the theater and buy the tickets for two. I give her a call and let her know I am waiting for her. So I decide to take a shit and go to the bathroom, and for those of you that have not been to San Francisco, bums basically take showers in public restrooms. It’s really gross and smelly, but hey what can you do, the option was to feel uncomfortable during the movie. So get out of the bathroom and I am looking around the bookstore for the chick, I have the picture in my mind and I am looking and looking. I end up passing right by her twice because she was such an accurate depiction of her picture. She approaches me and says hello, I look at her and the only thing I can ting is “really?”

All I am going to say is that her fucking picture must have been at least ten fucking years old, how do I know this? Well it’s because that picture was fifty fucking pounds ago! I mean really, who does that shit now a days? Who puts an old as fuck picture up? In the picture there was no double chin, but face to face there was. In the picture she seemed clean, then why as I am looking at her arms I see fucking gross man hair? By hair I mean James Cann hair the type that you can use a brush to comb. I almost dry heaved several times. Her sense of style was that of a Mervyn’s catalog circa 1994. I MADE THE MISTAKE OF BUYING POPCORN AND SHE caressed that damn thing it was a fire in the middle of winter. During the movie she made me uncomfortable by trying to hold my hand and kiss me. Seriously I would rather try to give myself a blow job then to kiss or even touch you.

It ended with me running out of the theater. I mean I was fucking gone, the second the movie ended I just put my jacket on and told I had to go to the bathroom and I was fucking gone! The movie was good.

So I ended up taking Wednesday off after the horrible time I had the night before. I spring back into action on Thursday, and I hit up my favorite dive bar, Murio’s. You know every time I go into that place I feel a lot more confident, kind of like I own it. I feel like I am the man there, getting to know the regulars and we help each other out when a girl walks in. It’s just a good place to hang out. So I am there and I am talking to this really bitter chick, I probably could have fucked the shit out of her but I was not into it at all. No chemistry at least none for me. she kept bitching about how she wants to go back to school but can’t afford it. Blah blah blah, listen stop you fucking crying and decide what you want to do. Her fucking problem is she doesn’t know what she wants so it’s easier for her to blame other things when really the problem is you. So after I tell her that, she decides to leave, I am not sure why possibly because people don’t really tell other people what they think and can’t take it. So the night ends up with me on the sidewalk saying “sup” to every girls that walked by, nothing happened.

Friday night was a good solid night. I went to Murio’s again and got there around 10. as usually very empty, the usual bar tender was not on, a new guy that I have never seen before is there. But I hang back get my dirty martini and sip away. I was there for about 45 mins and a few Latin people come in and sit right next to me. I end up talking to them ignoring the boring white people that are surrounding us. I figure that really what else can white people offer me right now? All they care about it stuff you have and I really didn’t want to have to explain what I do for a living and have to justify my means on a Friday night. No the Latin people were all I needed that night. I was talking to one girl named Lily pretty much all night long, we exchange phone numbers and made plans to go out after I get back from vacation.

Saturday night I ended up being stupid and meeting up with some people I work with in North Beach. It was stupid because I am going on vacation and I should be spending as little money as possible. Also, I really don’t want to be friends with the people I work with, I can honestly care less about them. I have my own shit going on and I don’t need to hang out with them to be part of the crew. When in actuality they are constantly calling me asking me how to do something. It probably would have been better for me to not go but I went. A Sales Rep we work with has a cover band that was playing at a bar, you know it was a lot of fun watching him play. He was just up there having a good time and it was cool. What was not cool, was the fact the most of the people I was there with got fucking hammered and could not walk straight. Also, there were no ladies. Saturday ended with me wondering why I went out instead of watching Wild at Heart?

Net week a special Comic Con edition. Where I will be complaining about my friend for not paying his car registration and having to rent a car to drive down there, suffocating my vacation money because he will not be able to chip in.

1 comment:

  1. oh my fucking god. you just left her at the movie theatre? thats it. im calling you tonite. i need more details.

    ReplyDelete